Monday, July 6, 2009

Safari America



It is my long tradition every New Year to make  a list of things I wish to accomplish during the year, But traveling to the US was not part of it.

Here I am. I am sure it was in God's plans.

**********
My trip, which started in Dar es Salaam on July 3, 2009 wasn't an easy one. I had always known that America was a far distant away from my home,  still that could not prepare me enough to face the reality.

Flying for over 22 hours was tedious.  The most difficult part was crossing the Atlantic ocean from Europe (Amsterdam) to Detroit, probably because I had already travelled for 9 hours from Dar es Salaam to Amsterdam.

Impression

Upon my arrival at Detroit Airport I leant how  much  Americans mean when they say  "Public Safety is their major priority".

The  questioning at the immigration department, finger prints taking, inspection of luggages the  security check points.

********

One of the lessons I will walk away with from Maine  is the  commitment of the community to preserve the environment.  What impressed me even more is the commitment  of the Maine University to  devote  to environmental  research projects such as the wood uses research.

I am curious about it and hope to visit the project.

 



 
  
 




  

No comments:

Post a Comment